Welcome to ActivFit Physiotherapy, Cycle Training, Fitness and Massage
Why ActivFit Physiotherapy?
We have operated on the lower north shore
for over 30 years. We offer physiotherapy, massage, Pilates and yoga
classes, and have a specialist cycle FITNESS training studio.
Call us 02 9922 2310
Ken Raupach is the principal of the ActivFit team. Ken has had over 30 years of private practice experience, running his own practices on the lower North Shore, working extensively in the UK and as a member of the NSW Physiotherapists Registration Board. His passions in sport are triathlon, athletics, long distance running in particular, road cycling, and rugby union.
- Ken has competed in distance running races at Club, State and National level for many years, in Australia and overseas, completing over 40 marathons, placing in the top 15 in the City to Surf, winning State, National and World Masters Games medals.
- for 35 years competed for his ANSW Club, Sydney Pacific, on the track, still holding 2 Club records from the '80s. For many years he raced the annual L'Etape de Tour cycle race in France.
- Ken then started competing in distance triathlons, finishing sub 10:20 Ironman and was selected to represent Australia in the ITU World Long Course Triathlon Championships in Spain, July 2012.
- Since then has qualified for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, in October 2013, 2016 (15th in AG), 2017, Ironman 70.3 World Championships in 2016 (Sunshine Coast - 9th in AG), 2018 (Port Elizabeth, South Africa), 2019 (Nice, France). Ken ranked number 1 in the world in his age group for 2016. Sport is a healthy family affair and after racing together at the ITU World Championships in Gold Coast (2018) and Lausanne (2019), Ken will compete with his daughter Jess at the 2022 Kona Ironman World Championships and 70.3 World Championships (St George, Utah), and the 2023 World Triathlon Duathlon and Long Course Championships in Ibiza, Spain.
- Other podium wins include Ironman Australia 2016, 2022, Malaysia 70.3 Bintan 70.3 in 2017 and 2018, podium places in Ironman Malaysia 2017, Ironman Cairns 2021, Macquarie 70.3 (2nd), Husky Long Course Triathlon Australia Long Distance Championships 2021 (3rd) and 2022 (1st), Triathlon Australia Duathlon Championships (2nd).
- Ken holds an Australian Track and Field Coaches Association Level 4 Track and Field certification, for many years lectured in Performance Studies Track and Field, and Injury Management at the UTS, works with many international athletes of different sports and provides medical coverage and coaching at Shore, and for many years Wenona and Monte schools.
- Ken lectured at Oxford University for a Human Performance Masters degree whilst training and working with the University elite athletes.
- Ken has worked with the Australian 7's rugby team after 10 years with Norths rugby club.
- In 2009 Ken received a Australian Government Sports Achievement Award for services to Athletics.
Cristina Maroto runs a Pilates and Yoga studio for clients who want to work on specific flexibility and trunk strengthening for rehabilitation from injury or improvement in their sports performance. Click on the Personal Training tab for more information.
Emilia Santos is our Massage therapist. Emilia is a trained physiotherapist and treats general and sports injuries, please contact the practice for information.
Also visit our Blue Mountains property, perfect for running and triathlon camps. click here
ActivFit physio Ken comes in 2nd at Langkawi
ActivFit athlete Dave to take on Kona for the second time